Some additional information (but not all) concerning a number of my hobby activities :
- In 2000 my comic strip, The Adventures of Scanner Dweeb , was published in Popular Communications Magazine each month for six years, from 2000 to 2006. I've also done other comics, but none as popular as Scanner Dweeb was. (My other comics).
- For 8 years (2001-2008) I ran a news blog NewsBlab.com that received a 'BEST OF' Award given by the Colorado Springs Gazette. Some of my stories were, at one time or another, also reported on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and CNN; as well as on other news websites and in print publications, including the Colorado Springs Gazette. A number of my news photos and videos were used in a variety of publications and TV news shows.
- In 2001 I took a month off work to photograph a moose that was wandering through Monument Valley Park in Colorado Springs. My moose photos and I appeared on numerous TV news stories, newspaper articles, radio interviews.
- I was also the team photographer for the Colorado Springs Koalas, a women's football team.
- In 2003 I got involved with all things paranormal and space related. More can be seen on my paranormal page. GhostGab.com
- During this time I appeared on the Discovery Channel (America's Most Secret Structures), and the Military Channel (America's Most Secret Structures) for a project I did to track orbiting space objects using an existing Air Force radar signal. More can be seen in articles linked below about this project.
- I also appeared on an episode A&E (Dog The Bounty Hunter, Colorado Springs episode).
- I also appeared on A&E, BIO, Lifetime (My Ghost Story, season 2 and 3 stories, Tale of a Crypt, Linda's Lights).
- Some books I'm mentioned in : Ghosts of Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak, By Stephanie Waters; Colorado Legends & Lore, By Stephanie Waters; Forgotten Tales of Colorado, By Stephanie Waters; Speaking to the Dead with Radios, By Michael Hobert Edwards; Supernatural Media's Guide To Ghost Box Hacks By Shawn Taylor, Daniel Morgan; The Double-Blind Ghost Box By Shawn Taylor, Daniel Morgan; Orbs and Light Beings, Living Light Illuminated By Elizabeth Eagle and Grace Butler.
- A 2013 episode of my Space Gab Podcast was featured in the opening scenes of the COSMOS Movie 2019.
- High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Program : My various HAARP Campaigns
- In 2008 I started playing the djembe (hand drum) and have since participated in numerous drum circles where I played my djembe and other hand drums. See more at GiveMeABeat.com
- In 2007 I ran for Colorado Springs Mayor. Here is an archived web page from then : Mayoral web page
Some photos I've taken over the years... I've taken thousands.
I've been on the world wide web since 1999 in one way or another. I've had many internet domain names over the years, some have expired, while some remain. A number I still have are just used for redirection to active ones. Below are those I still maintain and are the active ones :
MikeColetta.com NewsBlab.com SpaceGabPodcast.com GiveMeABeat.com GhostGab.com ArtBellVault.com The-Quickening.com WorldSpaceReport.com ResidualHauntings.com RockyMountainVibes.com KZ6MMM.com
There's a bit more about me below...
M.A. Coletta - MikeColetta.com
1001-A E Harmony Rd #36
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Contact email : email@example.com
Copyright 2001 - 2021 Mike Coletta
I completed a 36 year career with the United States Government; a 4 year tour in the Air Force and 32 years as an Army (GS) and Air Force (GS) Civilian. During this time I supported the following areas of government service:
- AF Security Police (Mid 1970's)
- DOD Police Officer (Mid 1980's)
- Army Electronic Technician for: (Mid 1980's to early 1990's)
- Test Program Set (TPS) Development (Automated Test Division)
- Air Force Logistical support for: (Early 1990's to 2012)
- Missile Warning & Space Surveillance (MWSS)
- Cheyenne Mountain Air Station (NORAD)
- Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance (GEODSS)
- Eglin Radar Transmitter/Receiver
- PAVE PAWS Radar
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN)
- Defense Meteorological Satellites Program (DMSP)
- Launch and Test Range Systems (LTRS) (Supporting the US Space & Launch Program)