HAM RADIO CALL - KG0UFO (Look me up on QRZ.com)
Djembe Mike (Coletta) freestyle Djembe drummer
What is freestyle Djembe?
It is a more complicated level from the rhythmic style where a group of people follow the lead of a rhythm maker and subgroups play individual rhythm sets to form an overall organized rhythm. Many African style rhythm drum circles play like that. A good freestyle Djembe drummer can play and follow all the individuals rhythm sets together, as well as adding a more upbeat and exciting rhythm of his own mixed in with the individual sets he is also playing at the same time. It is very hard to describe with words, it must be heard. You will know a good freestyle Djembe drummer when you hear him or her. Unfortunately, many organized rhythm drum circle leaders frown on a good freestyle Djembe because they often become the center of attention, since people listening seem to enjoy the more upbeat and complexity of the freestyle Djembe drummers and find the sounds more appealing than just the organized rhythm beats. Together the two can mix into a musical wonderment that could be enjoyed by all if only those stubborn organized rhythm drum circle leaders would understand and accept. (Djembe Mike)
Mike's condensed BIO.
- Discovery Channel (America's Most Secret Structures, 2012, 2013)
- Military Channel (America's Most Secret Structures, 2013, 2014)
- A&E (Dog The Bounty Hunter, Colorado Springs episode, 2010)
- A&E, BIO, Lifetime (My Ghost Story, (Tale of a Crypt, season 2, Linda's Lights, season 3)
- Front cover of the Feb 2013 Popular Communications Magazine with a three page article about my science/space based work.
- Pueblo Chieftain, story about Mike's satellite & meteor tracking.
- Colorado Springs Gazette and Denver Post articles about Mike's paranormal adventures.
- Featured in web articles including GigaOm.com, NPR.org, Aljazeera-America.com, CNN.com, Examiner.com, HuffingtonPost.com, ArtBell.com, and others.
- Mentions in three books written about UFO and the Paranormal.
- A monthly comic strip published in Popular Communications Magazine, from 2000 to 2006.
- Guest on radio shows and podcasts concerning UFO and Paranormal investigations including the Armstrong and Getty Show, KRDO News Radio, KKFM Morning DJ Show, Jerry Pippin Radio Show, TAPS Family Radio, Darkness Radio, Nightwatch Show, PRRS Ghost Box podcast, Fearless Ghost Hunter podcast, Gabriels Eastern Paranormal podcast & more.
- For 8 years ran a popular news website (newsblab.com) that received a 'BEST OF AWARD'. Some of Mike's stories were also reported on local ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and CNN; as well as on other news websites and in print publications.
- As a paranormal investigator Mike was the originator of numerous prototype paranormal devices, including the ever popular 12-470 Shack Hack Ghost Box. Ghost Hunters International requested use of some of Mike's devices during their very early season episodes.
- Performed paranormal training classes and conference talks around Colorado.
- With my freestyle drumming techniques I've led many drum circles and drumming events around Colorado.
completed a 36 year career with the United States Government; a 4 year
tour in the Air Force and 32 years as an Air Force and Army Civilian. During
this time I supported the following areas of government service:
- AF Security Police
- DOD Police Officer
- Army Electronic Technician for
- Test Program Set (TPS) Development (Automated Test
- Air Force Logistical support for
- Cheyenne Mountain Air Station (NORAD)
- Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance (GEODSS)
- Eglin Radar Transmitter/Receiver
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN)
- Defense Meteorological Satellites Program (DMSP)
- Launch and Test Range Systems (LTRS) (Supporting the US Space & Launch Program)